Re: [NTLK] [OT]Concerning Apple's Switch to Intel Chips...

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Mon Jun 13 2005 - 15:35:37 PDT

On Jun 13, 2005, at 2:02 PM, Norman Palardy wrote:

> On Jun 13, 2005, at 2:01 PM, Ed Kummel wrote:
>
>> And think of Intel! Talk about the cat that ate the
>> canary! Now they can not only dicated how the Windows
>> OS should operate, but now they can push Apple around
>> too! woo-hoo! what i would give to be Intel about now!
>> Ed
>> web/gadget guru
>
> I think you have that relationship backwards.
> MS dictates more to Intel than Intel does to MS.

MS can't really push that hard... Unless they are planning to move to
PowerPC (LOL).

I think Apple is going to allow PC users with the know how, to buy OSX
and install it on there bone stock PC's(someone will figure it out).
Apple won't support these users, but still they will take there $129.
That is the way obsolete mac hardware works (ie xpostfacto on older
macs can run 10.4 we are just unsupported).

Plus some of these technical hacker types will like OSX and as usual
Apple will continue to design the nicest PC's in existence...

Some of these hacker types will also become Apple hardware customers.

This is a win/win situation for Apple as long as pro Mac users don't
opt out of Apple hardware (which is unlikely). Powercomputing had some
success though, so it's a potential worry for them.

MS makes a LOT more $ then Apple, mostly from windows, so SJ appears
to be having visions of grandeur (delusions?) about this whole setup...

marty