Re: [NTLK] Dock connection to computer not working

From: Harrison Jordan (harrisonjordan_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 14 2005 - 05:43:10 PDT

Well I figured out a way to connect to the computer and to transfer
files and stuff. When the newton is connected to the internet, it uses
the network called "linksys". linksys is a network coming from the
router. In the "owner info" on the newton, there is an option to set
the network. I set it to "linksys" and it works.

However, when I connect the newt to the computer (use the Dock to
transfer files etc.), I have to create a computer-to-computer network
which i called "newton" and also, I have to change the "owner info"
network option and call the new network "newton".

When i switch back to using the "linksys" network, the computer to
computer network is deleted and I have to go back to the "owner info"
and change the name of the network to "linksys". When switching back to
using the dock, I have to create a new comp-to-comp network and go
change the "owner info" again.

This is a pain to go back and forth from browsing the internet to
switching to using the dock. Is there anything I can do to make this
process easier?

Thanks,

Harrison