Re: [NTLK] My new toy!

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Sat Jun 18 2005 - 22:04:42 PDT

On Jun 18, 2005, at 8:31 PM, Mac User wrote:

> In fact, I should have asked my question differently. Is it possible
> to use standard batteries without having to sold them? I mean, just
> having the batteries stick together without soldering them. Maybe
> not...

It certainly seems possible that you could make a little sled that
could accomodate regular old batteries...

They will have to be replaced with some frequency though... This will
be a bit of a pain as the emates battery compartment is a screw to shut
type.

NiMH cells are available with solder tabs from various sources. Check
the Wiki link. Also Check Frank's excellent site for directions on
battery building...

Marty