[NTLK] [OT] looking for a Mac guru

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jun 21 2005 - 11:44:58 PDT

When replying, please doublecheck the "to" address.
Reply off list please.
Thanks

I really hate to do this, but my title of "gadget
Guru" means that people of all types ask me for my
help (yesterday it was a guy using his PS3 to browse
the internet!)
Now, I have a coworker who picked up an ibook G3
"cheap". He's not Mac at all and he is trying to
upgrade the OS from 9.2(?)
He was given a copy of 10.2 by the person he got the
ibook from, so he's trying to install it.
I don't know the specs, but he says that it may be 64
or 128mb RAM and a 500mHz processor. It craps out
right after the language selection screen...

LET'S KEEP THIS OFF LIST! reply to me directly
please...
Anybody have any hints I can use so I can keep my
title?
Thanks
Ed
web/gadget guru

"I'm not an expert, but I *did* stay at a Holiday Inn Express once..."
     --Holiday Inn Commercial

Yahoo! Sports
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com