Re: [NTLK] [FS] Harris SuperTech 2000 on eBay

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jun 22 2005 - 07:09:25 PDT

On 6/22/05, Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net> wrote:
> Answers to these two questions could help us maybe determin which Newton =
model
> it is based on. My own guess is a 120, but just possibly a 110.
> (However, did Apple ever let anybody else market a Newton before the 120?=
)

Jon,

Here is a snip-it from a prior conversation with Frank.
This is Franks conmment to me about the unit. By the way the backlight
he mentioned also was likely an item made by Digital Dave.

(Quote)
But you wouldn't be able to make any use of it in the Harris since
the path is blocked by the backlight contacts. The display of the
Harris seems to be identical with the displays that came with the
mainboards I recently mentioned. These displays sat on modified
120 mainboards, not 110 mainboards.

Also if anyone is interested I will be trying to load up photos of the
HARRIS that I took when I disassembled mine. I did not take apart the
mainboard as it was very tightly packed and likely soldered
together...
--=20
God bless,

Sonny Hung