Re: [NTLK] Battery power woes

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.int)
Date: Mon Jun 27 2005 - 08:35:18 PDT

Hi Matthew,

to come to the battery issue first:
I would strongly recommend to check the CONTACTS to the battery pack.
It might also be the case that the contact pressure is too low.
How comes the battery pack out if you relaease it?
There are two more contacts on top of the battery compartment (Newton laying
upside down)that might need to be realigned...

Regarding the transformer: this is for sure the transformer of a dc/dc
converter.
The top is not plastic but ferrite and it is not only the top but also the
bottom - this is considered to be a ferromagnetic core.
The two halfs of the core are glued together, but sitting quiet loose on the
transformer coil.
As long as the two ferrite parts are glued together everything should be
fine (from an electrical point of view)

Cheers
Johannes