[NTLK] Yet another newbie problem!

From: Brian (spylaw4_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Jun 28 2005 - 03:21:03 PDT

Hi all,
I have just picked up a 2000 (updated) with many extras. My computer
is an iMac G5 running Tiger. I have succeeded in getting NewTen and
NetSync to work ok through the serial/Keyspan/dongle link. so far so
good.
Where things are falling apart is on the Ethernet link side. The
card is a 3Com 3CCE589ET and my router is a Netgear DG834G (I don't
use the wi-fi capability - yet). I have installed the Farallon
drivers from chuma and the card comes up as a Megaherz 589E.
I just can't seem to get any response from the router or link to the
Mac - I've tried all sorts of ways from info posted and nothing seems
to work.
Any one prepared to lead me by the hand through this?
Brian