Re: [NTLK] (New)Newbie with a (New)Newt

From: Marcus Hammerschmitt (Marcus.Hammerschmitt_at_t-online.de)
Date: Tue Jun 28 2005 - 06:29:06 PDT

>1. Of course it's about handwriting recognition! Got good results, have used Notes, but I'm really surprised that Newtworks can't make use of HWR.

But it can:

http://www.pdastreet.com/software/pdas/HWR-Works-2001-5-19-pdastreet-pdas.html

>2. Can a notes file be opened in Newtworks or other app?

I don't know of a way to open Notes in Works, but with a little help from this friend

http://www.deepfocus.com/newton/OneTapTWT.shtml

exporting is a breeze.

>Also I can't seem to export a Notes file or indeed any other file from the Newton to PC via serial connection without getting a "-1" error.

This error in connection with WinXP-boxes is often related to them being to fast.
I recommend CPU Killer:

http://www.cpukiller.com/download.html

Not a killer, but a lover. Demo bails out after 20 min., long past you've
done you're syncing. With XP of course, ethernet is the thing to do:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/concord/18493316/

Best,

Marcus

http://www.cityinfonetz.de/homepages/hammerschmitt/high.html