[NTLK] synchronize Address Book/Names: TCP/IP, IC/VC, direct Ethernet connection

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Wed Jun 29 2005 - 13:49:59 PDT

Subject: [NTLK] synchronize Address Book/Names: TCP/IP, IC/VC, direct
Ethernet connection
From: Giulio Marchi <emfdb () tiscali ! it>
Date: 2005-06-27 22:30:31

> Maybe somebody can find my contacts synchronization scheme useful.
> All my searches on the subject did not throw the light I would
> have so much appreciated and that would have spared me quite
> several tests.
>
> The Problem
> To transfer/synchronyze Address Book and Names between a PowerBook
> G4 (i.e. no serial, no IrDA) and a Newton MP2100 through TCP/IP on
> a direct Ethernet connection. Entries have multiple e-mails,
> multiple telephones, multiple addresses.
>
> [...]
>
> The suggestions
> Are welcome!

Okay then how about this one: Pls. put this one up on the Wiki! ;=} Your
description is really good, and if you put it up on the Wiki, linked
off the
HowTo-page, then it'll be of much use for many people for a long time to
come.

The Wiki is a much better searcheable and more concise ressource for
such
documentation than NTLK. It's good to post such things here, it's
better to
also post such knowhow at the Wiki.

Cheers, DJV.