Re: [NTLK] Connection Problems

From: Laurent Daudelin (Laurent_Daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Thu Jun 30 2005 - 07:33:45 PDT

On 29/06/05 20:25, "John Stairs" <stairsj_at_mac.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I don't think of myself as a stupid person, but I'm beginning to
> wonder. I have an affinity for all things technical and am the proud
> owner of several "gadgets" all of which I can manipulate to my hearts
> content. My latest gadget is of coarse a Newton 2100 which has me
> completely stumped. I cannot get this to connect wirelessly by any
> means possible. I have a Lucent Turbo Bronze wifi card and have tried
> to connect through my airport extreme and also tried a computer to
> computer connection on both my iMac G5 and my Powerbook. I've used
> both OS X 10.3 and 10.4 and OS 9, all to no avail. I've had several
> people try to "talk" me through the setup and even that failed. Is it
> the Bronze card that is the problem? Does anyone else use this setup
> so that I know it can work. Or, am I just really stupid?

It could also be that the chipset in that card is different than the one
supported. This happens when new revisions are made to cards. I'm not sure
if it still current, but chuma.org, in the Newton section, used to have
pictures of cards known to work. The best thing to do is to get one of those
exact cards.

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin                 Developer, Multifamily, ESO, Fannie Mae
mailto:Laurent_Daudelin_at_fanniemae.com                Washington, DC, USA