[NTLK] Audio/Midi on the Newton?

From: Jon Scordia (jscordia_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Jun 30 2005 - 10:46:59 PDT

Hi list. I read with interest in the list archives a certain amount of enthusiasm for a sequencer type app for the Newton.

This would be way up my list of priorities. I nearly bought a Roland PMA-5 instead of the MP2000 (oh the shame).

http://www.roland.com/worldwide/products/MI/sequencers_and_sound_modules/PMA-5.html

Whereas I'm not expecting that level of performance from a Newton, something basic would be great. I even have an 8 track sequencer, 'Midiwriter Pro' on my P910 phone, but the phone's interface is awful. http://www.midiwriter.com.

Is anyone out there still thinking about this? I'm not a programmer, but would be happy to help!

Cheers

Jon.