Re: [NTLK] Jaggies

From: Frank Gruendel (newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Thu Jun 30 2005 - 17:17:37 PDT

> By chance I ended up with several 2100's (now
> including my main newt :( ) that suffer the jaggies.=20
> Is there a good source for replacement digitizers?

The only one I'm aware of who might have new digitizers
is Calvin Greer. He is the guy who also sells the
replacement backlights, and he used to sell a backlight
and a digitizer as a set. Not sure if they are still
available, though.
Other than that, your only chance would be getting a
decent used Newton or a dead one with a good digitizer
and do a bit of transplant surgery.

> I thought about trying to clean the jaggied units
> but maybe it's not worth the time.=20

Well, it can't hurt, and it does not take much time
to do it. If there's much dirt in the area where the
digitizer touches the inside of the bezel, removing it
might help to a certain degree. After all, you have
nothing to loose, have you?

Cheers

Frank