[NTLK] Help needed with Lucent Wavelan Silver! Aieeee!

From: Scott Strungis (sstrungis_at_gmx.net)
Date: Fri Mar 04 2005 - 19:04:29 PST

Hi listers,

I have gone round and round with this and I am stuck.

I just got hold of a Lucent branded Orinoco card today from a friend. It is
currently being used in this 2400c to post this message, so I know it works.
 I am using Orinoco's drivers.

I recently wiped my 2100 and started from scratch. I am running NIE 2.0
with the patch. I am also running the wavelan drivers (unregistered at this
time) with the More Cards patch as well as the Lantern Patch. I am using
Courier to connect to the Internet and have successfully connected to the
net with an Etherlink III wired card. It works great.

When I attempt to connect to the net with the wavelan it flickers the lights
on the card two times, and then the connection times out. It tries DHCP and
never gets me an address.

I do not use WEP, I usually allow connections to specific MAC addresses.
Today I left access wide open with no WEP or restrictions. The only driver
in the list of available ones that lights up the card at all is the one that
matches the name of the card when it is inserted.

I am so frustrated. I want to go wireless in the worst way with the Newt.
I love being able to be wired to the net, but I hate carrying another damned
dongle around. The Wavelan cures all that!

Please, any advice would be good. I am connecting through a Linksys
Wireless B router.

Thanks,
Scott Strungis

--
SMS bei wichtigen e-mails und Ihre Gedanken sind frei ...
Alle Infos zur SMS-Benachrichtigung: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/sms