Re: [NTLK] New Apple Palmtop Mac? vs ematae

From: Byron Han (han_at_hanchenson.com)
Date: Wed Mar 09 2005 - 16:19:47 PST

¦b Mar 9, 2005 1:32 PM ®É¡AEd Kummel ¼g¨ì¡G

> But you do realize, anything that Steve puts out
> will
> be without the design specifications of any of the
> existing Newton/emate users...Heck, I doubt he will
> take into consideration any end users opinions.

No doubt you feel that way because Steve did not personally call you up
for your input :-)

Seriously, though, that statement does no justice to the hundreds of
hard-working and caring engineers and marketing folks at Apple who
haunt this and many other mailing lists and web sites observing the
feedback from users.

> Instead he will gather a cadre of Californian
> fashionistas and create some kind of body jewelry
> that
> doubles as "some kind of rudimentary lathe"
> (identify
> the movie quote) ie, not really something everybody
> feels they need to have, but will purchase because
> the
> beautiful people have one...

There is nothing wrong with good industrial design. I'm not beeautiful
by any stretch of the imagination but I have many of these rudimentary
lathes that Steve has put out.