Re: [NTLK] [OT] Future Apple PDA? poll.

From: oliver.brose_at_t-online.de
Date: Sat Mar 12 2005 - 06:25:39 PST

>From: Alex Santos <izabella.misiewiczsantos_at_neostrada.pl>
>Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 13:53:11 +0100
>
>I just wanted some of your opinions for the sake of dialogue. I was
>reminiscing the idea of Apple releasing an Apple PDA and thought it
>would be a good idea. I know it would be a convergence product but I am
>all for it.
>I think it would be great to have music, photos, video, internet, phone
>and HWR all in one.

Short answer: No, not a good idea.
Long answer: What keeps me using my Newt for textwork is the
screensize. I would love to see a PIM-Phone by Apple / Motorola that
just integrates well with OS X. SonyEricsson's P-line is a nice
example of a potentially great product that does not go far enough. I
need a device that can handle calendar categories for example, sync
whatever I want to sync, and remote-control whatever I want to
control on the Mac without additional software. I want my PIM-Phone
to be small. This contradicts with a device that is easy to write on.
If battery-technology was better (say giving 10h of full use) and the
whole thing came at 2,2 pounds max. I would like to see a 10 or 12"
iBook with a touchscreen & a hinge that allows to just fold the
screen over all the way to the back while automatically disabeling
the keyboard & touchpad (which would have to be recessed or protected
in a way they see no damage while used in this mode).

Oliver

--
Teenagers can't sing the Blues because they ain't fixin' to die.
Adults sing the Blues. In Blues "adulthood" means being old enough to