Re: [NTLK] [HELP] About internet setup and surfing

From: Adriano (adriano.angelillis_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sat Mar 12 2005 - 08:57:40 PST

Alex,

i have a ethernet hub too, but my MP2100 always failed to achieve any
kind of connection to the desktop.
Instead i successfully connected the MessagePad directly to the Desktop
using a ethernet crossed pair cable.

In a year i never find useful ethernet connection, instead the serial
connection at 230K is more stable, a bit faster (tha WiFi and Bluetooth
too), and packages of any kind never fail to D/L and install to the
Newton side.

There are softwares on Unna which will help you to share the internet
connection linking to the Newton via serial keeping your eyes closed.

Just take a look on a previous NTLK mail for the links on Unna, as
requested from another user.

Adriano