[NTLK] [ANN] NEWT/0 0.0.9 20050314

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Mon Mar 14 2005 - 22:31:00 PST

Hi all,

I'm pleased to announce that Makoto Nukui has released NEWT/0 0.0.9 20050314.
http://www.so-kukan.com/gnue/archives/2005/03/newt0_009_20050_1.html

In a nutshell:
--------------
- Just like there is PyObjC and RubyCocoa, one can now program
applications in NewtonScript using NewtObjC. A sample code is
provided (a currency converter for MacOS X).

- protoNATIVE was changed in NativeCalls for an easier use,
exchanging a proto for global variables

- there are only binaries for MacOS X. Makoto apologies and will
release binaries for other platforms later.

Changes:
--------
- Length function, when applied to strings, returned the size of them
(i.e. the number of characters). It now returns the size of the
binary instead, as on the Newton.
- a new function, StrLen, is provided to compute the size of strings
- various modifications to support NewtObjC
- various modifications to compile NEWT/0 on FreeBSD
- NativeCalls (replaces protoNATIVE)
- NewtObjC

Don't hesitate to ask me if you have any problem with NEWT/0 and/or NewtObjC.

Regards,

Paul

--
Ministre ultraplénipotentiaire en disponibilité.
Baignoire à vendre.