Re: [NTLK] date stamp for notepad?

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Mar 15 2005 - 12:41:04 PST

The application you are looking for is called
TimeStamp. What this does is it adds a time and date
selection to the caret dropdown. It replaces the two
bottom slots with a clock and a calendar that will put
up the current time or current date when tapped. The
really great part is that this is available where ever
your caret appears.
I have been using this application for years... I
originally installed it on my MP 120os1.3 and
transferred it to upgraded Newtons ever since.
The app sits in your preferences and allows you to
setup the format of the time and date you want
stamped.
Unfortunatly, my download site is still down (my ISP
is dragging their butts on getting me a static IP) or
I would be able to tell you where to download it from.
I checked UNNA and there is a program called TimeStamp
there, but it is not the correct one. that program
updates the date for the note, in effect "bumping" the
note.
The one I have is version 1.0 and written by Scott
Jenson.
I'll continue to look for it, or else I might be able
to grab a copy off of my backup server...
Let me know.
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Matthew Reidsma <mreidsma_at_hds.harvard.edu> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 12:06:02PM -0500, Dan wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > Does anyone know of a extension that will add a
> item to the routing menu
> > to put the time and date on a note starting at
> the text caret?
>
> I used to do this via Dashboard with a script from
> their website, I
> believe.
>
> -Matthew

"I'm not an expert, but I *did* stay at a Holiday Inn Express once..."
     --Holiday Inn Commercial