[NTLK] FW: Benefits of a hard reset

From: Tony Kan (tony.kan_at_clear.net.nz)
Date: Tue Mar 15 2005 - 16:41:43 PST

Folks

A few weeks ago I was reporting some problems with my Dates soup. Thanks to
those who responded with ways to fix it. Tried them but they didn't solve
the problem. The problem has got worse and worse and an acute case of the
jaggies have started as well.

So I decided to do a backup, hard reset and then restored the information.
Jaggies went away and overall responsiveness of the machine has noticeably
improved.

Decided to keep my call and meeting reports on my desktop from now on.
Strange soup behaviours have also gone following removing all data older
than 12 months a task made easy using a feature from MoreInfo 5.5.

HTH somebody else

Cheers

Tony Kan

Christchurch