Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V5 #135

From: Clare Shepherd (clareshepherd37_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Mar 17 2005 - 08:31:12 PST

 The problem seems to be that convergence is used to cover up the fact
that the current crop of PDAs isn't good enough at what they should do.
Robert Benschop

 I heartily agree with Robert. If convergence is the way to go, why is it
necessary for me to have Mobipocket, Palm Reader Tomeraider and Adobe just
to read e- books on my Palm T3. I suppose there is two issues there.
 But if we get a new Apple PDA, I want the Newt's size, for e-books (maybe a
little smaller than 2000/2100) with either a plug-in/Bluetooth keyboard or
one like on my Psion 5mx, plus Newt's HWR. Most people only use diary, note
taking and occasional email and web browsing. I could even do without the
latter, if the other software was good. As for an on board phone and camera,
no thanks. Do a few things excellently well, not many just so so would be my
aim.
Clare