Re: [NTLK] [OT] Poutine help needed.

From: John Charlton (johncharlton_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Mar 17 2005 - 21:49:22 PST

This isn't what you're looking for, but heard a snippet of it on the=20
radio today and it got stuck in my head. Now looking for the CD. =46rom=20=

the well-known Montreal comedy/singing duo Bowser and Blue.

-->
The Night They Invented Poutine

The night they invented poutine.
It was a most peculiar scene.
Ginette Reno was shy and thin.
The Nordiques began to win.
Jacques Parizeau sang "God save the Queen!"

The night they invented poutine...
The night they invented poutine...

Bowser: No one knows the precise origin,
Where or when this food did begin.
Everybody in Qu=E9bec will tell you with a grin,
It was their little village that invented the poutine.

Blue: To be really authentic the potatoes must be old,
The gravy must be hot and the cheese must be cold,
With a Journal de Montr=E9al wherever it is sold,
Served with a roll in a bowl by a troll.

Bowser: You put some potatoes and some cheese in a tin,
But the cheese won't melt till you put the gravy in,
Then it sticks to your fork and dribbles down your chin,
And that's how you know that you're eating a poutine.

Blue: If the French fries are greasy and the gravy's nice and hot,
The cheese curds melt as they come out of the pot,
But once in your stomach they congeal into a knot,
If your food does that then poutine is what you've got.

Bowser: Some use mozzarella but that isn't really it.
And they serve it at McDonalds but the French fries are shit!
And I hate to be picky but I have to admit,
It's hard to eat when the cook has a zit!

Blue: There's no way anyone would call it haute cuisine,
But it's not really junk food it's something in between,
But it's better than a burger or a Mike's submarine,
A balanced diet is a beer and a poutine!