Re: [NTLK] reading Newton memory cards on a computer

From: Micheal Kelly (michealk_at_soniccat.com)
Date: Fri Mar 18 2005 - 17:10:28 PST

On 18-Mar-05, at 2:14 PM, Norman Palardy wrote:

> Doesn't dd assume you can read a file ?
> Which means the file system on the card needs to be mounted and that
> won't happen.

Nope. dd reads raw devices, not filesystems. No need to mount
anything.

It *should* be able to read the data off a card and write it to a file.
  But I've never tried, and don't have a card to try it with at the
moment.

---
I digitally sign my email using GPG/PGP.  Download a copy of my public
key:  http://www.soniccat.com/~michealk/michealk-key.txt