Re: [NTLK] ebooks was Digest V5 #140-Future Apple PDA/ideal Newton

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Sun Mar 20 2005 - 11:52:57 PST

Clare Shepherd wrote:
> Dan is absolutely right but I'm a book junkie! LOL. But he is absolutely
> right after getting to know better I now use free texts and don't have the
> hassle of expensive, encrypted books, especially as I enjoy classic texts,
> thousands of which are free. My point was more that altho' the manufacturers
> talk convergence, they also support different formats for something as basic
> as e-books.
> Clare

Well being a fellow book junkie I can relate lol. But as I said there
are sellers (like Fictionwise for example) that offer unencrypted
formats and many of these (like Palm Doc for example) can be converted
to NewtonBooks quite easily. Or any format in the future you might
need. This way you are never risking anything when purchasing
unencrypted books. You might want to look into that. That is if you
want newer books. If all you want is the classics, then this point is
moot of course.

-Dan