Re: [NTLK] NIE setup on 2100 for new user without dongle

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sun Mar 20 2005 - 20:05:27 PST

Hi Eiren,

I'm not so familiar with the Linux options, IrDA from a PC or the
Modem option and would suggest others more familiar to chime in on
them - You can also goto the Wikki as your first option to learn about
those possibilities which is listed at the bottom of the email.

1) My first suggestion is that you try and get yourself a PC-Newton
Cable and a Dongle.
They are on eBay often enough. Dongles are a bit harder to come by and
I would on that point suggest eBay.

2) Now if you are not quite keen on that suggestion then I would then
suggest you see if the Card Loaner Program is still active. Someone
can load almost and software that's permitted by the author for your
to load up on your Newton. If you take up this option I would also
suggest you get a copy of Paul's ATA Driver on your loaner card as
that will allow you to use your PCMCIA CF Adapter to possibly use
those CF Cards of yours... depends if the setup you have is
compatible, and if it is then your will have free access to 4MB until
you register which will allow you access to more.

If you go directly to NewtonTalk and search on Marc for the Loaner
Card you might be able to get this done also.

There are other list members who might be near you who can assist is
this matter. If we know where you were located this would possibly
prompt users in your local to offer such help. I would suggest that
you indicate where you are (your GMail acct makes it harder.) If I ad
to guess I'd say PST ... ;)

Regarding PC-Newton Cables,PC Memory Cards and such I have a few spare
and if you are interested you can contact me off list about them. Or
check out eBay list we all do ...

HTH :)

--
God bless,