Re: [NTLK] Email software

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Sun Mar 20 2005 - 22:12:05 PST

Konstantinos Theofilis wrote:
> Gmail requires just a secure connection. Newtons can't do it but every
> modern device can. It is NOT special software.
> Yahoo and hotmail are the bad examples. Almost all others DO allow
> every mail client to connect to their POP servers. The year is 2005 and
> not 1997.
>
> And anyway... if anyone needs a good email service, with webmail and
> POP and free and 1gb inbox, AND Newton friendly, check www.spymac.com
> :-)
>
> Kostas

I didn't say that Gmail required special software, only a secure
connection (reread my posts if needed). Just that many do. And yes I
am quite well aware the year is 2005. I was not aware of spymac though.
  Mind giving some other examples? I am sure that others would be very
appreciative as having more than one free account that will work with
our newtons is quite advantageous.

-Dan