[NTLK] mp 110 help

From: hal9k2010 (hal9k2010_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Mar 20 2005 - 23:56:46 PST

hello all... i have a mp 110 it came with a newton modem (small black box)
with no a/c adapter, when i put batteries in it dont do anythin, theres a
little red bulb but dont come lit. i havent try to use it cause dont know if
works... i have a external serial modem (supra express 56k) that i use
with my emate 300 and works great to send e-mail and chat with irc, but when
i connect the external modem to my mp 110 and try to send email a message
come up " modem is not connected" i know i cant install "nie" but can i
install something for the newton recognices the external modem and send
emails or this means iam toast about sending email with mp110.
thanks