Re: [NTLK] Adaptor for eMate

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.int)
Date: Tue Mar 22 2005 - 05:46:36 PST

NO, NO and again NO!!!!!!!!!!!
Please be aware that a crappy simple power adapter with an output voltage
(on the label) of 12V will deliver lower voltages if loaded.
Thus in fact your Newt does not really see the 12V.

BUT YOU HAVE BEEN MORE THAN LUCKY to have used such a weak power supply.
Otherwise your Newt would have been definitely in Nirvana!!!
It is not only a question of output voltage, but also of output current!

You are fine as long as you stay inside the operating range for voltage and
current as defined in the documentation.

But honestly I love my Newt too much taht I would risk to burn it.
I have gone once through that bad experience and I will never ever risk that
again.

Just my two cents to the disussion....

Cheers
Johannes