[NTLK] HWR Problem (Jaggies?)

From: Don V. Zahniser (irntooth_at_eznet.net)
Date: Wed Mar 23 2005 - 12:30:11 PST

Hi, All -

This morning, my MP2100 started displaying a weird symptom. As I write
with the stylus, after a few characters or words, the text I have written
is replaced by 'blots' similar in shape to the word that I have written,
and then the word reappears in the expected font. It appears to coincide
to when the HWR engine interprets what I have written. Sometimes it
happens between words, sometimes in the middle of a word. I noticed that
if I had dropped to a new line before it hits, only the text on the new
line is affected. The previous line is interpreted normally, with no
'blot'. Disconcerting, to say the least.

Is this what has been referred to as 'Jaggies'? What I have read on the
subject isn't very descriptive of the actual symptoms.

Any suggestions or resources for me to check out?

Thanks!

 - Don