Re: [NTLK] emate only starts with reset button

From: Michael Briley (mike_at_maxwell.phys.uwosh.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 24 2005 - 04:24:02 PST

Tom,

Yeah - the switch lives on the motherboard. Have a look at Frank's
excellent disassembly page at:

http://www.pda-soft.de/emate_disassemble.html

It's probably more a problem with the little plastic plunger that
fits into the hole in the casing around the switch. Either it's not
seated properly or it's missing (this is more likely than an actual
switch failure). Has it had the hinge repair done? Perhaps the
plunger wasn't put back correctly (or at all) during reassembly (it's
very small).

So, take it apart and go from there.

-Mike