Re: [NTLK] Newton eBook Revolution..

From: James Nichols (smilr_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Mar 24 2005 - 09:29:21 PST

There are features available to using a newton to read an eBook that
you just DON'T get with paper:
In addition to searching we have:

Built in backlight (depending on newton model)
Direct access to dictionaries while reading
Easily copy and paste quotes from the source
Capability of changing the font size (depending on ebook format)
Built in bookmarking of where you left off (depending on ebook format)
One can invert the text and background coloration as well as the
contrast slider to ease eye strain, whereas the contrast and color
choice of a paper book is fixed.

For me, the above make reading books on newton a pleasure, paper all
too easily gets stuck together, smeared, crinkled, out of place etc.

J Tyler Nichols