Re: [NTLK] Using AAA batteries in a MP2100

From: Adam Ladds (aladds_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Mar 24 2005 - 14:57:40 PST

As the batteries are AAA, they would probably not get as hot because
they are physically smaller, so it'll probably be ok. You will get less
time to use your MP though, as AAA batteries are generally lower
capacity. The only time you should need to worry about them burning the
PDA is while charging anyway. It is, of course, possible that the
batteries might overheat because they take less charging current, but
you do get battery chargers that charge AA's and AAA's using the same
contacts without problem (obviously they are springed, so they get
smaller to accommodate the AAA's). I think you should be ok, just don't
let them get too hot!

cheers

Adam