Re: [NTLK] HWR Problem (Jaggies?)

From: Don V. Zahniser (irntooth_at_eznet.net)
Date: Fri Mar 25 2005 - 10:19:48 PST

I tried many things in attempting to get rid of 'the blots'. Among the
things that _didn't_ work:

* A reset-button reset.

* Rotating the screen.

* Removing my memory card and doing a reset-button reset.

* Changing from printing recognition to cursive HWR (and back).

* Choosing the default settings for HWR.

* Doing a backup to card, power switch + reset button reset, and restore
from card.

What _did_ work to get rid of the symptoms:

* Doing a backup to card, power switch + reset button reset, followed by
a partial restore from card. I did _not_ restore the System information,
nor did I restore some of the informations that I did not recognize and
packages that I had frozen, figuring that if I was missing something
important, I could try sequentially restoring some of the other items.

So far, so good.

--
Don V. Zahniser
<irntooth_at_eznet.net>