Re: [NTLK] How do I make ebooks in os x?

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Sat Mar 26 2005 - 16:59:16 PST

Harrison Jordan wrote:
> ya press=newtonpress and it doesn't work in os x unless you have
> classic. I dont have classic and I dunno what program to use?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Harrison

Ooops I forgot Press only runs in classic (although I *thought*
Bookmaker would run....sorry about that). The other option is using
Paperback. I don't know if the Mac version of Paperback runs in OS X or
not. But even if it don't go to http://tools.unna.org/paperback/ and
you can use that to make a Paperback book. They are not as nice (my
opinion) as NewtonBooks. But that will definitely make a book you can
read on your Newt. My major complaint with Paperback, it does not keep
your place. The only work around if you loose your spot is to pull up
search, and search for a particular sentence or phrase. While this
works, normally you will still need to look around a little trying to
find your exact spot again (at least I always did)

-Dan