Re: [NTLK] Tablet in OS X and gestures

From: Michael C. Wittmann (mwittmann_at_maine.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 28 2005 - 05:58:18 PST

On 2005 Mar 27, at 9:42 PM, Mike R. Manzano wrote:

> You can do some of the gestures from the Newton on the Mac. It's
> essentially the same engine, and it even shares some of the same easter
> eggs. Inserting/removing spaces works the same (v and upside-down-v
> gestures) as well as scrubbing out to erase. Highlight and drag to the
> clipboard is not an HWR thing, but an OS thing. Wouldn't actually be
> hard to do that for the whole system, regardless of mouse or pen.

Thanks to all for the feedback on this. I checked out the System
Preferences control panel, and the list of gestures included is pretty
amazing. Totally unexpected, too.

Now I want a tablet. I mean, as much as I love the Newton, wouldn't a
complete OS X machine with the same gesture engine and integration of
information be incredible? Ah, well, time to keep dreaming.

Michael
(who is having lots of fun participating in these conversations again)