Re: [NTLK] How do I make ebooks in os x?

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Mon Mar 28 2005 - 09:41:15 PST

Victor Rehorst wrote:
> The new PaperBack template we are using (from the DCL project) will remember
> your place in the book, unless you reset your Newton.

Hmm I thought that the original format of PaperBack would do the same?
I seem to recall it remembering my place till I reset. This is fine,
however I use my Newt a lot and have to do a reset (reboot) every couple
of days or so. And this does not work for a long book that my take me a
month or more to read (since I can only read a few pages here and there).

Like I said I found a workaround by saving a line of text to notepad or
StickyNewts (which was my preference). Then I could just search that
line of text in the book to back to my place. It is a bit of a kludge
though since NewtonBooks will remember places automatically and have
more control over the table of contents (although not necessary if you
don't want to bother with it). But of course like anything, use the
method that works for you.

-Dan