Re: [NTLK] [WTB]Old Mac

From: Sean Cross (smcross_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Mar 28 2005 - 16:44:15 PST

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 21:31:07 +0100, Konstantinos Theofilis
<theofilis_at_macland.gr> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I want to buy an old mac in order to run NTK without much hassle (and
> consuming valuable CPU).
>
> If anyone on the list has an (preferably laptop) old and cheap Mac that
> is willing to part with for a reasonable amount of money, please
> contact me off list.

I actually got NTK working just yesterday by using an AsanteTalk
LocalTalk to Ethernet
bridge I had lying around. I plug my eMate into the box, plug the box into the
hub, and enable AppleTalk via LocalTalk on the eMate. NTK debugging works
(which made my attempts to learn NewtonScript much easier, thanks guys!),
syncing works, and everything generally functions just fine between my eMate
and my G5.

Of course, this probably would work if you have a network card and
network topology
that support AppleTalk, too.