Re: [NTLK] eMate Wireless with WEP

From: Michael Blazer (m.blazer_at_utoronto.ca)
Date: Thu Mar 31 2005 - 07:48:57 PST

Quoting saxon <saxon_at_igc.org>:

> Hi all,
> I am wondering if any of you have experience/advice using Hiroshi's Lucent
> WLAN driver in registered (paid) mode with WEP enabled and/or roaming
> enabled. My eMate setup for wireless works perfectly with a non-WEP AP, but
> not when WEP is enabled (and the appropriate key entered of course). [snip]

My MP2100 works fine in 128-bit WEP mode with an HP card and several different wireless
routers, but I haven't tried it with an AirPort base station. I know it works for others
with APBS, though. Haven't tried it yet in my eMate, but I believe it should work the
same.

Just a thought: have you tried putting a dollar sign in front of the hex key string? I
seem to remember having to do that to connect to some base stations, although I confess I
can't remember for sure whether that was with my Newton or my Apple laptop.

Michael