[NTLK] eMate hinge lube, without disassembly?

From: Steve (macintosh_at_globetrotter.net)
Date: Thu Nov 03 2005 - 18:11:35 PST

Hi,
I did the repair of the hinge by disasembly the eMate totally. It
looks much more complicated and long that it is really.

The advantage of repairing the hinge with a complete disasembly is
that you can also clean the hinge and remove the old greace. I've
done that with paint remover, and it work well. Let's add that when I
did that task, the paint remover liquid was pretty dirty after the
job. So I would highly remommend you do the complete job, as just
adding good greave over bad one is just half the job done, as far as
I'm concern.

Also, add a few washer to the hinge screw, it may prevent a direct
hit of the hinge on the ribbon, just in case.