[NTLK] Can Newton access Internet via ethernet connection to my laptop PC?

From: mkow1234_at_aol.com
Date: Sat Nov 05 2005 - 16:47:59 PST

Hey folks,

We just installed our very first Wi-Fi set-up! So far, we only have the laptop talking nice and easy with the Wi-Fi base station, which is connected to our cable modem. We have not connected it to the desktop computer yet, but we see there are several ethernet sockets on the back of our Wi-Fi base station. So, it seems we can take the desktop Wi-Fi card back to the store and simply use an ethernet connectin from the pc to the Wi-Fi base station. Not bad, since they sit right next to each other. We will only need to install a working ethernet card (Yup, Sonny, the one you sent me never worked right), and then, we can have the desktop pc working off the Wi-Fi "hub".

Now, here is the two-hundred million kopec question: Can the Newton access the Internet via an ethernet card that would tie it into this hub Internet signal at our Wi-Fi base station? It seems like this should not be too complicated to figure out. Do I have to do something special on the Newton or have some funky driver installed? Is there any existing documentation out there to help me muddle my way through this? Oh! That's THREE questions! Thanks in advance.

Matt the K.