Re: [NTLK] eMate Teacher Codes

From: Michael Blazer (m.blazer_at_utoronto.ca)
Date: Mon Nov 07 2005 - 07:51:59 PST

Quoting John <OceanCity_at_mac.com>:

> Re: eMate Setup
>
> I am setting up an eMate for my 10 year old niece and I see there is a
> "Teachers" items in the extras drawer that would allow additional
> settings to be embedded for the student's benefit, etc. but the eMate is
> prompting me for a password and I tried "1234" etc. but way not
> authenticated so I could not go any further.
>
> There obviously is a quick way, maybe involving a soft or a hard reset
> to authenticate through the "Teacher Setup" item.

Hi John,

Have you tried leaving the password field blank? I think that's the default for Teacher
Setup if no one before you has set it up with a password. If that doesn't work, a hard
reset ("brain wipe") should get it back to that state (don't forget to first back up
everything else you might need).

Michael