Re: [NTLK] Expense Plus

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Fri Nov 11 2005 - 05:52:51 PST

on 11/11/05 08:12, Brian at spylaw4_at_mac.com wrote:

> I got myself a copy of Expense Plus (now $49) and I was pleased with
> WalletWare's service when getting a serial number for the Newton
> Version - a very helpful bunch, even though active support is now no
> longer given, which is a shame.
>
> I know that some of you use this programme, so my question is how do
> you send your reports to your Mac or to a modern printer? I only
> have OSX (10.4.3) and can't get Appletalk to work. The send to
> Desktop options seem limited to serial (but just where does a report
> end up?), or IRDA which I don't have.
> I had hoped that I might be able to figure out a BT option but can't
> work out how.

AFAIR, you have to use the ExpensePlus Receiver to receive the reports. If
you have configured everything, you just set it to receive on AppleTalk
(asuming that AppleTalk in Classic is set to Ethernet) and then it should
work. The port in the pref is irrelevant.

-Laurent.

FITNR // adj.: [Thinking Machines, Inc.] Fixed In The Next Release. A
written-only notation attached to bug reports. Often wishful thinking.