Re: [NTLK] OT - I need an old 5 1/4" floppy drive to recover old PC data -- Any ideas?

From: Matt Howe (matthowe_at_comcast.net)
Date: Sun Nov 13 2005 - 11:27:29 PST

What format/density are the %.25 floppies? If they are not the 1.2 meg
version, I have a couple of old XT machines. I could see if I could get one
fired up and running. I'm not too far from you and I drive down to Plymouth
twice a week for work. So we could maybe meet. I could pick up the disks or
possibly loan you one of the XT machines. You would have to serial them out
to something else as none of them have any network ability. Just let me
know.

Matt "Ducky" Howe
matthowe_at_comcast.net
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mhowe41/

mkow1234_at_aol.com said:
<Snip>
I have no idea IF a peripheral 5.25" floppy drive ever existed, but I need
one to save my data! Can anybody help? Thanks in advance.