Re: [NTLK] Native installer for NCU and OS X Update

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Sun Nov 13 2005 - 17:02:46 PST

on 13/11/05 17:59, L.W. Brown at lwb_at_mac.com wrote:

> Seems quite a bit high - what are the two others you wrote?
>
> On 12. Nov, 2005, at 19:32, Laurent Daudelin wrote:
>
>> ... would there be takers for $12? That's the price
>> I've been charging for my 2 other shareware applications I wrote for
>> Mac OS
>> X. ...

File Synchronization and Strider.

A bit high? Do you have any idea on how much time one can put in such
project? If I was a student with paid tuition and that was the only thing I
would have to care for, then, yes, maybe I would offer the software for
free. But, I have a job, 2 children and a wife, so my time is just too
valuable to give it away for free, specially with such little spare time I
have...

-Laurent.

Gates's Law: "The speed of software halves every 18 months." This oft-cited
law is an ironic comment on the tendency of software bloat to outpace the
every-18-month doubling in hardware capacity per dollar predicted by Moore's
Law. The reference is to Bill Gates; Microsoft is widely considered among
the worst if not the worst of the perpetrators of bloat.