Re: [NTLK] Native installer for NCU and OS X Update

From: David Schlachter (davids_newton_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Sun Nov 13 2005 - 17:33:17 PST

Well, if the NCU replacement did all that's listed below, in addition
to what I suggested earlier, I would certainly pay a lot more than $15
for it. Somewhere in between $30-40 would be more likely. Besides,
quite a bit of other Newton software costs that much money, if not more
(like ATA Support, TimeTrax, the WaveLAN driver, etc).

-David Schlachter

On 13-Nov-05, at 8:17 PM, James Wages wrote:

> the new OS X version should boost the serial
> transfer speed to 115200 or 230,400. AppleTalk connectivity via
> Ethernet
> should be retained, and TCP/IP communication via Ethernet should be
> added.
> Also, there should be a USB connectivity option, to open the door for
> this
> USB hardware option that was recently announced on this list.

and