[NTLK] Aluminium folding stand prototype

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Nov 14 2005 - 07:24:56 PST

Jon,

Been following the thread for a bit and have enjoyed all the chatter
about new stands for the Newton when I've had a few moment to spare to
skim through...

>I posted a few weeks ago and raised the possibility of a portable stand
> for the Newton with Keyboard.

I know that it's real neat designing something for the Newton
Community, but I'd like to suggest a much more simpler solution into
the mix of this thread. I'm pretty sure some on the list are
acquainted with this...

If you go to your local bookstore (Borders, Barnes & Noble or maybe
even at the local Mom & Pop bookstore) you should see a wire book
stand used by many places - they should be readily available (though
not custom or so cool as the ones being discussed) but absolutely
personally customizable in their viewing angle and they also come in a
rubber coated variety (mine in rubber coated in Black) and can
accommodate any Newton Model.

They are light and portable... if you know anyone in the publishing or
in the field or books they should be able to get you a sample as this
is where mine came from.

I did get one when I purchased my original MP2000 from Owen Lock (I
think he was a VP at one of the large publishing groups in NYC - I
think it was Ballantine, but it was definitely a subsidiary of Random
House) It was white rubber coated but had an additional extension so
it could support taller books which helped accommodate a MP2x00 in
portrait mode very well.

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung