Re: [NTLK] A new eMate in the offing?

From: oliver.brose_at_t-online.de
Date: Tue Nov 15 2005 - 08:54:46 PST

>From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
>Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 07:33:19 -0500

>On Nov 15, 2005, at 2:35 AM, Brian wrote:

> > http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=3D1370

>I won't succeed--they are still following the holy grail of open
>source. That will kill it right away. Besides that, it's a bit too
>utopian....

While I think that equipping these 'books with OS X for free would
have been a very good thing (from the perspective that it is supposed
to *work*, and for *whom*) I somehow doubt that a $100 notebook could
pack the punch for OS X, even in 2007.

Nevertheless, Jon, we need to constantly reevaluate & challenge what
we perceive as utopian, otherwise it will just stay... utopian. Our
today is yesterday's tomorrow, and tomorrow is what we make of it.

Oliver

--
Act now! Don't delay! Reason may soon prevail!