[NTLK] My favorite screen protector

From: Jake Bordens (newton_at_allaboutjake.com)
Date: Tue Nov 15 2005 - 15:57:44 PST

I wanted to tell you about a screen guard that I just applied to one
of my MP2100's and I love it.

Its by BoxWave. You can check them out at BoxWave.com I got the
"crystal clear" version, though I think next time I might go for the
low-glare version.

But Jake, you say, they don't sell one for the Newton, and none of
the ones they sell are big enough!

You're right, but if you contact them directly, they will sell you a
full sheet for $40 shipped, which is 9" x 12". Expensive, but enough
to make screen protectors for several devices. (Newton or otherwise)

These are the "rigid with mild adhesive" variety, that can be peeled
up, and scotch tape used to remove any dust that gets on the
backside. I like them a lot. You have to take the usual care to
apply them, but I got it on my first (well, second) try.

My first try, I did notice a whole lot of "Newton's Rings" that
weren't there before. (The dreaded oily spots). I peeled the guard
up with scotch tape and re-seated it. This seemed to solve my problem.

I know that people are very particular about their screen
protection. This just happens to be my current favorite.

Jake