[NTLK] - NewTen Problem

From: Brian (spylaw4_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Nov 16 2005 - 05:30:21 PST

Hi all - back again with another glitch to sort out!

Up to today NewTen 1.2 has worked flawlessly via a serial connection
(+Keyspan USB adapter to my iMac G5 - OSX 10.4.3). Wanting to install
some new programmes I did all the usual to install; it installed 1
item then refused to connect to the Newt at all. It even wouldn't
Force Quit properly - leaving the Dock Icon stubbornly locked in
place unles a Restart was done. I have tried the more obvious things
- trash the plist - repair permissions - run all the usual
maintenance routines - all to no avail.

NewTen 1.5 does the same and also hung 1/2 way through an install.

What's up guys? Any clues you can give will be really appreciated.

Brian