Re: [NTLK] BatteringRam Pro

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Wed Nov 16 2005 - 08:35:47 PST

Marcus Hammerschmitt wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Messed up my PIN while feeding it anew to my MP 2100 after
> a brain wipe. Thought I'd taught it the right one, but obviously I hadn't.
> Bootup screen with that numbered pad from 1 - 0 comes up. In
> goes the card, programs getting mounted, BatteringRam too.
> Numbered pad gets crumpled up and tossed into the dustbin.
> And that's that now, for 21 hours. Still only the bulb,
> "Newton", name, phone number, date and time, on a black screen.
> I know BatteringRam's brute force is weakened by the less than
> brute force of the 2100's processor. But still - 21 h starts to look a
> little suspicious. Don't know if there's any progress being made.
> Any chance of the Newt (display? motherboard?) getting hurt by
> crunching numbers for such a prolonged period of time? My best
> idea seems to give it another night, and after that it's the
> brain wipe. Hints, suggestions, ideas?
>
> Best,
>
> Marcus

Have you tried pressing the rest buttion? Or pulling the battery,
waiting a few minutes and reinsterting it? If it will let you in, it
should happen right after the crumple up animation. Another thing to
try, take out the extra card and insert a card with only BatteringRam on
it. Perhaps there is a package that is conflicting with it.
-Dan