[NTLK] NTK and the Global function StuffHex

From: Alex Lećo (alexleao_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Nov 17 2005 - 05:31:42 PST

Hello boyz,

Well, I'm playing witk BookMaker and NTK to try some layout and
interactive features on my books.

When I do only one page (The cover with a pict and 2 lines of text),
using some "PRO" layout features from BookMaker, the NTK build the
packege without problem. But when I go foward and put the whole text
after the cover, with or without layout dot commands, and try to build
a package, the NTK show an error message:

"Undefined global function: StuffHex"

Well, this got me. This global function was defined by BookMaker!...
So I did something:

1) I deleted the line of "StuffHex" just to see what happens. Then NTK
show another error: "Couldn't get named resource (-192): type: 'PICT'
name: 2039"

2) I copy and paste some lines of newtonscript from the Dan's
"BookMaker 101" exemples files:

func MyStuffHex(aString, aClass)
=09if GlobalFnExists('MakeBinaryFromHex) then
=09=09MakeBinaryFromHex(aString, aClass)
=09else
=09=09StuffHex(aString, aClass);
DeclareGlobalFn('MyStuffHex, 2);

 I renamed the "StuffHex" to "MyStuffHex" in the original line of my
.f document. And got the same error of 1)...

So: can you BookMakers and NTK gurus explain why we need this
"StuffHex"? Is this thing messing with the pict of my book? Why when I
build a simple book (without a lot of text) I dont have problem with
the pict?

Thank you in advance for any help.

--
Alex Le=E3o